Nutella Heart Brownies with Raspberry Cream Cheese Buttercream
Nutella Heart Brownies with Raspberry Cream Cheese Buttercream.
For 3 Person(s)
For the Brownies:
- 2 cups Nutella
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
For the Raspberry Buttercream:
- 12 ounces raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- pinch of salt
Nonna's Cheese Grater!
The Perfect Christmas Gift
for every Italian Home!
Get one in La Bottega!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Line a 9X13 inch baking pan with foil and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer combine Nutella and eggs and mix well. Add in the flour and mix until just combined. Transfer to the baking pan and bake for 20 mins. Cool completely.
- To make the raspberry buttercream place raspberries in a small sauce pan and stir over medium high heat until the raspberries break down. About 5 to 7 minutes. The berries will become soupy.
- Pour the mixture through a strainer to remove the seeds and put the liquid back into the saucepan. Simmer until the liquid has reduced to approximately 1/4 Cup. About 5 minutes. The liquid will thicken and be a deep red color. Cool and set aside.
- In a stand mixer combine butter, cream cheese and confectioners sugar. Mix until smooth. Add in the raspberry sauce, lemon juice and salt. Mix until the color is uniformly pink.
- Using a heart shaped cookie cutter, cut out hearts from the cooled brownies.
- Fill a pastry bag or a plastic zipper bag with a cut corner with the frosting and pipe an outline on the flat side of one of the brownies. Place the other brownie flat side on the frosting like a sandwich. Decorated with extra confectioners sugar.