Panzanella Salad with Burrata
Panzanella Salad with Burrata, a delicious bread salad to make all summer long.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Panzanella:
- 1 jar roasted red peppers, drained and torn into strips
- 1 small red onion sliced very thin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dry oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 loaf semolina bread, torn into bite sized pieces
- 1 pint yellow or red grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 ounces prosciutto (about 4-6 slices) torn into pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1 medium burrata
- In a small mixing bowl combine the peppers, onion, garlic, oregano, red pepper flakes, 4 tablespoons of the oil, red wine vinegar and salt. Mix well and refrigerate while you toast the bread.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Spread the torn bread onto a 13x18 inch baking sheet and drizzle with the remaining oil. Toast for 8-10 minutes. Remove to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the peppers and all their juices to the bread along with the tomatoes and the water. Toss until everything is well coated. Add the prosciutto, basil and pieces of burrata. Drizzle with a bit more extra virgin olive oil before serving.
Please Follow me on Instagram!