Pasta alla Zozzona
Pasta alla Zozzona.
Absolutely the last meal to have before you start your diet! Yes, Domani you can start your diet.
Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes:
For 4 Person(s)
For the Pasta:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 1 pound sweet italian sausage, casings removed
- 4 ounces pancetta, cut into a 1/2 inch dice
- 1 24oz jar passata or crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt - optional
- 1 pound dried rigatoni
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 cup grated pecorino romano, plus extra for sprinkling
- Get the ingredients needed for this recipe HERE
- Put a large skillet with a lid over a medium flame and heat the oil. Add the onion and sauté for 5 minutes, or until the onion begins to soften.
- Raise the flame to high. Add the sausage and pancetta and sauté until browned, about 7-10 minutes.
- Add in the passata. Rinse the jar out with 2 inches of water and add it to the pan. Add in the salt and stir. Lower the flame to a simmer. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime drop the pasta into generously salted boiling water.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and pecorino together. Scoop out 1/4 cup of the pasta water and whisk it into the egg yolks and cheese until smooth. This will temper the mixture so it doesn’t curdle.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the sauce. Toss for 1-2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add the egg mixture to the pasta and mix until fully combined. Serve immediately with an extra sprinkle of pecorino romano cheese.