Primitivo Red Wine Cookies
Primitivo Red Wine Cookies.
For 2 Dozen(s)
For the Cookies:
- 2 cups 00 or all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup Primitivo Red Wine (or any red wine you prefer)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, plus more for dipping the cookies
- whole almonds to decorate
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pour some granulated sugar into a shallow dish. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together the wine, oil and sugar until the sugar dissolves.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix with your hands or a spoon until all the flour is absorbed.
- Take a piece of dough and roll it out into a rope about 1/2 inch thick and 4-5 inches long. Cross the rope over once to make a fish shape.
- Place a whole almond over the opening and dip the front of the cookie in granulated sugar. Place the cookies 2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the bottoms have slightly browned. The cookies may be a bit soft out of the oven but will firm up as they cool.