Pumpkin Ricotta Cookies
Pumpkin Ricotta Cookies... great cookies for the fall season.
For 4 Dozen(s)
For the Cookies:
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 pound ricotta cheese
- 1 pound pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 large eggs
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the Icing:
- 1 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- golden sugar crystals
The Cornicelli from Capri are in
Get your lucky one HERE!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In large bowl, with mixer at low speed, beat sugar and butter until blended.
- Increase speed to high; beat until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. At medium speed, beat in ricotta, pumpkin puree, cinnamon, vanilla, and eggs until well combined.
- Reduce speed to low. Add flour, baking powder, and salt; beat until dough forms.
- Drop dough by level tablespoons, about 2 inches apart, onto ungreased large cookie sheet.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until cookies are very lightly golden (cookies will be soft). Remove cookies to wire rack to cool. Repeat with remaining dough.
- When cookies are cool, prepare icing: In small bowl, stir confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth. With small metal spatula or knife, spread icing on cookies; sprinkle with sugar crystals. Set cookies aside to allow icing to dry completely.
For the Pumpkin Puree you can use the 100% Pumpkin that you can buy in a can from your local supermarket or you can make your own from a leftover pumpkin.