Pumpkin Ricotta Pound Cake
Pumpkin Ricotta Pound Cake: Great for your Fall celebrations and of course for your Thanksgiving Holidays!!!
For 12 Person(s)
For the Pound Cake:
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 ounces unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup whole milk ricotta
- butter for buttering the pan
- grade B Maple Syrup for garnishing
Just arrived from Italy!
Nonna's Cheese Grater!
The Perfect Christmas Gift
for every Italian Home!
Get one in La Bottega!
- In a medium bowl, whisk together dry Ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, cloves, cinnamon, and nutmeg) set aside.
- In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment or with a hand mixer and a separate bowl, cream together butter, ricotta and sugar. Add the pumpkin and mix for about 30 seconds or until well combined.
- Add in eggs one at a time, scraping excess of sides of the bowl with a rubber scraper.
- Mix in dry ingredients, scraping sides of the bowl with a rubber scraper. Mix until well combined or for another 30 seconds.
- Pour batter into a buttered 10x5 loaf pan and smooth top with a small spatula. Tap the pan to get rid of air pockets.
- Bake in 350F oven for 55-60 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool in pan for 15 minutes before removing it.
- In a non-stick skillet (preferably with a grill bottom) butter the bottom of the pan while it is hot.
- Grill one side of a slice of the pumpkin pound cake for 2 minutes or until a crust is formed on each side. Butter pan again before flipping.
- Place a scoop of Maple Gelato on the slice of the pounf cake.
- Drizzle with Grade B Maple Syrup.
looks good but how much flour is that cups or lbs?? i noticed a lot of recipes have typos...need som...
See Full Review >> - artyjudy1
WONDERFUL!! - condit1
Corrected the typo! It should be 3/4 Cup! :) - rossella rago