Risotto with Artichokes and Mushrooms - Risotto con Carciofi e Funghi
Risotto with Artichokes and Mushrooms... healthy and delicious.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Risotto:
- 6 medium fresh artichokes cut in slices
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 large sweet onion finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, washed trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 7 cups hot chicken broth
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano cheese, 1/2 for the rice, 1/2 for serving
- curls of Parmigiano to garnish
- 3 bay leaves
- sprigs of parsley or basil to garnish
- salt & pepper
Try La Pasta della Nonna in
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- In a large pan heat the olive oil and the onions and garlic. Saute` until onion is transparent.
- Add the artichokes and the bay leaves. Saute` for a few minutes to coat.
- Pour in the wine, cover and simmer for 5 mins.
- Remove the cover and add the sliced mushrooms and stir for 2 mins.
- Add the Arborio rice and saute` for 3 mins.
- Incorporate the lemon zest and begin to add the broth, 1/2 cup at the time as the liquid is absorbed by the rice.
- Continue cooking at medium heat until the rice appears creamy, smooth, moist and al dente.
- Remove from the heat. The rice will continue to soften. Add butter and Parmigiano cheese.
- Serve immediately. Garnish with basil or parsley and curls of Parmigiano.
- Pass around the grated Parmigiano and fresh pepper.