Sarde Beccafico... now that's Sicilian!
For 4 Person(s)
For the Sarde:
- 1 pound fresh large sardines (Cleaned deboned and butterflied)
- 2 large onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup pinoli nuts (pine nuts)
- 1/2 cup currants
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmigiano
- bay leaves
- 1 tablespoons fresh parsley
- hot pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
Nonna's Cheese Grater
Get one in La Bottega!
- Stuffing Preparation:
- In a saute` pan add EV olive oil, chopped garlic and 1/4 of one of the onions finely chopped. Cook at medium flame.
- Before the garlic begins to turn light gold add the pignoli nuts.
- Let the pignoli toast for a minute and add the currants.
- One minute later add the bread crumbs and let toast for a few minutes.
- Add the cheese and mix well until it melts into all the ingredients.
- Add salt and cayenne pepper to taste.
- Add fresh parsley and remove the pan from the flame.
- Sardines Preparation:
- Spread a light coat of EV olive oil at the bottom of an oven pan.
- Take each sardine and lay it on a board on its back.
- Spread a tablespoon of the stuffing over the surface of the sardine.
- Roll the sardine and place in an oven pan flanked by a slice of onion on each side. Separate each rolled sardine from the one next to it with a bay leaf.
- Roll all the sardines in the same fashion.
- Any excess stuffing spread it over the rolled sardines.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 375F.
Nonna Rosalia Caravella, Appetizer Recipes, Entree Recipes, Fish Recipes, Sicilian Recipes, Easy Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Super Bowl Recipes, St. Joseph Day Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Labor Day Recipes, Christmas Fish Recipes, Good Friday Recipes, Mediterranean Diet Entree Recipes
I will sure try it .It looks delicsious - email@example.com