Sausage and Peppers Frittata
Sausage and Peppers Frittata.... sooo good!
For 6 Person(s)
For the Frittata:
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage - sweet or Hot, as you prefer
- 2 green Italian peppers
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 onion
- 1 cup grated Pecorino cheese
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/2 Cup Ricotta
- 5 large eggs
- 4 cloves garlic - finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Tbs Fresh mint - finely chopped
- 1/4 cup milk
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
Use the code Pasta10
and Save 10% on all Pasta and
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- Remove the sausage from the casing and brake it up. In a saute` pan, add 1 Tbs of EV olive oil and saute` the sausage until it gets light brown.. Remove the sausage from the pan and set aside
- In the same saute` pan, add 2 Tbs of EV olive oil and che onion chopped. Let the onion saute` until it becomes translucent. Add the peppers and the tomatoes. Cook for 3 mins. and add the sausage and the wine. Let everything cook for 10 more mins., shut off and let it cool off.
- In a bowl, add the bread crumbs, cheese, ricotta, garlic and mint and mix well. Add salt and pepper as desired.
- In a separate bowl beat the 5 eggs with the milk. Add the eggs to the mixture and mix very well. Add 2 Tbs of EV olive oil and continue mixing.
- At last add the sausage and peppers and mix well.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400F.
- In a 9 1/2" cast iron skillet add 1/2 cup of EV olive oil and put on the stove. Once the oil is hot, add the mixture to the pan and quickly spread it evenly.
- Immediately transfer the pan to the mid-level of your oven.
- Let it cook for 35 minutes (or once the top colors to your liking) and you will have a perfect and crispy Frittata.
Nonna Romana Sciddurlo, Appetizer Recipes, Entree Recipes, Meat Recipes, Puglia Recipes, Easy Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Easter Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Frittata Recipes, Super Bowl Recipes, Sausage Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Memorial Day Recipes, 4th July Recipes, Peppers Recipes, Labor Day Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Summer Appetizer-Side Recipes, Thanksgiving Appetizers and Sides Recipes, Christmas Appetizer Recipes, Easter Appetizer and Side Recipes