Artichoke Frittata... this is so easy to put together and bake in a cast iron pan.
For 6 Person(s)
For the Frittata:
- 6 artichokes - small to medium
- 1 cup grated Pecorino cheese
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper, as desired
- Clean the artichoke by removing the external leaves. Cut about 1 inch from the top of each artichoke and remove the stems.
- Wash and cut the artichokes into thin slices of about ¼ inch. Peel the skin from the stems and cut them long-ways in four parts.
- In a bowl, add the sliced artichokes, bread crumbs, cheese, garlic and mint. Mix everything well. Add salt and pepper as desired.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs with the milk. Add the eggs to the bowl with the artichokes and mix very well.
- Add 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and continue mixing.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400F.
- In a 9" cast iron skillet add 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil and put on the stove at high flame. Once the oil is hot, add the mixture to the pan and quickly spread it evenly.
- Let it cook for about 3 minutes on the stove and then transfer the pan to the top level of your oven.
- Let the frittata cook for 50 minutes (or once the top colors to your liking) and you will have a perfect and crispy frittata.
Please Follow me on Instagram!
Nonna Romana Sciddurlo, Entree Recipes, Side Dish Recipes, Puglia Recipes, Easy Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Easter Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Frittata Recipes, Artichoke Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Vegetarian Appetizer Recipes, Mediterranean Diet Appetizer Recipes, Christmas Appetizer Recipes, Easter Appetizer and Side Recipes