Baby Artichokes... a light and refreshing appetizer or side dish.
For 4 Person(s)
- 12 baby artichokes
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 small sweet onion
- 1/4 fine extra virgin olive oil for dressing the dish
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 lemon, sliced
- Cut the tips of the leaves of the artichokes and the core and put in a bowl of water with the lemon slices. Artichokes must be completely covered with water.
- In a saute` pan with some extra virgin olive oil, saute` the onion and garlic until the onion is clear.
- Add the wine and cook for 5 mins.
- Add artichokes, lemon slices, water with chicken broth.
- Cook on low heat for 1 hour adding water to continue covering the artichokes.
- Artichokes must be tender - add salt and pepper to taste.
- Leave cover on to finish cooking for 10 mins.
- Finish with parsley and extra virgin olive oil when heat is turned off.
- Serve with remaining broth which will have been reduced.
Appetizer Recipes, Nonna Diane Laudano, Side Dish Recipes, Basilicata Recipes, Easy Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Easter Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Super Bowl Recipes, Artichoke Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Memorial Day Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Easter Dinner Recipes, Summer Appetizer-Side Recipes, Mediterranean Diet Appetizer Recipes, Thanksgiving Appetizers and Sides Recipes, Christmas Appetizer Recipes