Sautéed Zucchini with Tomato & Basil
Sautéed Zucchini with Tomato and Basil.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Zucchini:
- 2 medium zucchini, washed, ends trimmed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, cut in half
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5 leaves fresh basil, torn
- Slice the zucchini in half lengthwise and then make 1/4 inch thick slices crosswise.
- Put a heavy bottomed skillet over a medium-high flame and heat the olive oil. Add the garlic and the zucchini and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt. Cool while stirring with a wooden spoon until the zucchini begin to soften. About 7-10 minutes.
- Add in the tomatoes, torn basil and the rest of the salt and cook until the tomatoes have broken down, about 10 minutes.
- Serve hot or at room temperature. Garnish with more fresh basil.
Please Follow me on Instagram!