Lemon Drop Cookies - Anginetti
Lemon Drop Cookies or Anginetti are the perfect cookies for all holidays and all special occasions.
For 2 Dozen(s)
For the Cookies:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- of one Lemon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
For the Icing:
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon water, add more iff needed
- Combine the confectioners sugar and extract and mix in the water a tablespoon at a time until you reach your desired consistency. I like mine to be slightly thicker than heavy cream.
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
- In a bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer or with an electric mixer combine shortening, sugar and zest and beat until fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time mixing well after each addition and scraping down the sides of the bowl if necessary. Add the extract and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until mixture starts to form a dough. Add the heavy cream and mix until just absorbed. Do not over mix.
- Dough should be slightly sticky, but you should still be able to roll it into balls. You can also use an ice cream scoop.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely before frosting. Decorate with sprinkles!
Dessert & Cookie Recipes, Baking with Rossella, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Easter Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Christmas Cookies Recipes, Easter Cakes and Cookies, Valentine's Cake and Cookie Recipes, Cookies Recipes, Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes