Savory Zucchini & Ricotta Ciambella Cake
Savory Zucchini & Ricotta Ciambella Cake.
For 10 Person(s)
For the Ciambella:
- 1 large zucchini
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup ricotta
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 4 ounces Pancetta or Prosciutto (I used Pancetta), cut into small cubes
- 4 ounces Fontina or Mozzarella, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup packed mint or basil leaves (I used Mint) minced
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a tube pan or angel food pan with baking spray. Set aside.
- Trim the ends of the Zucchini. Using a cheese grater grate the zucchini into a bowl. Squeeze out all the excess moisture. Set aside
- Add the eggs to a mixing bowl and using an electric mixer beat them on medium speed. Add in the oil, ricotta and milk. Beat until well incorporated.
- Beat in the flour and baking powder until just absorbed.
- Fold in the pancetta, cheese, zucchini and mint until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 40-50 minutes, or until the cake has set. Cool to room temperature before serving.
- *Can be served cold or at room temperature