Chocolate Amaretti Cookies
Chocolate Amaretti Cookies.
For 2 Dozen(s)
For the Cookies:
- 4 cups almond flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar, plus more for rolling
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 large egg whites
- pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 tablespoons brewed espresso coffee
- confectioners sugar for rolling
- raw almonds for decorating
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, sugar and cocoa powder until combined.
- In another mixing bowl, add the egg whites, pinch of salt and the almond extract. Beat with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the dry ingredients into the egg whites and mix with your hands until a dough that holds its shape forms. Add in the espresso coffee and mix with your hands until incorporated.
- Add some granulated sugar to a shallow dish. Add some confectioners sugar to a separate shallow dish.
- Take a level tablespoon of dough (I used an actual tablespoon to measure) and roll it into a ball. Roll the ball in the granulated sugar first and then in the confectioners sugar.
- Place the cookies on the parchment lined baking sheet and place the raw almond on top, making sure to press each Almond into the cookie and flattening them slightly.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the bottoms begin to brown.
- *The cookies may still feel slightly soft out of the oven, but they will firm up as they cool.