Spaghetti with Peas Prosciutto and Mushrooms
Spaghetti with Peas Prosciutto and Mushrooms.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Pasta:
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 13 ounces frozen baby peas (thawed)
- 10 ounces baby Portobello mushrooms sliced
- 4 ounces prosciutto cubed
- 1 medium shallot, cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup grated Parmigiano cheese
- 1 cup reserved pasta water
- salt and black pepper to taste
Try La Pasta della Nonna in
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- Drop the pasta in the salted boiling water.
- In a large saute` pan heat the oil and saute` the shallot until soft. About 2 minutes. Add the prosciutto and saute` about 3-4 minutes.
- Scoop out a cup of the pasta water and set aside.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Add in about 1/4 cup of the pasta water and add the peas. Add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Add in the al dente pasta and toss together for 1-2 minutes. Add in the rest of the pasta water and the grated cheese. Turn off the heat and allow the residual heat of the pan to melt the cheese.
- Serve in warm bowls with an extra sprinkling of cheese and black pepper.