Spezzatino di Vitello - Veal Stew
Spezzatino di Vitello - Veal Stew: This dish is from Parmesan recipe book but i have decided to alter some ingredients and steps for personal taste.
For 6 Person(s)
For the Spezzatino:
- 2 pounds veal, cubed
- 2 ounces grfinely diced smoked pancetta
- 2 ounces finely chopped onions
- 2 ounces finely chopped celery
- 2 ounces finely chopped carrots
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 1/2 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 pound peeled, cubed Potatoes
- 7 ounces green peas
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- salt and pepper to taste
Try La Pasta della Nonna in
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- Saute' the pancetta with the olive oil.
- Add the cubed Veal and let it brown.
- Add the chopped onions, celery & carrots, letting out the natural water of the vegetables.
- Then pour in the red wine, leave it evaporate.
- When you see that the wine has evaporates, add the tomato sauce and the broth.
- Cover and simmer for 20 min.
- Then, add the potatoes, garlic, thyme, salt and black pepper, simmering for another 20min. then add the green peas.
- After adding the green peas, leave it cooked for some minutes and serve hot.
The Veal can be substituted with beef.