Italian Beef Stew
Italian Beef Stew.
For 6 Person(s)
For the Stew:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds cubed beef
- 2 carrots, cut into a 1/2 inch dice
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into a 1/2 inch dice
- 3 celery stalks, cut into a 1/2 inch dice
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 packages baby Bella Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 14oz can cherry tomatoes
- 1 bag frozen peas
- 3 Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- Beef broth or water + 3 beef bouillon cubes
- Salt and pepper as desired
- Put a large stock pot or a Dutch oven over a high flame and heat the oil. Add the meat to the pot and season with a bit of salt. cook until browned on all sides. Add the carrots, onions and celery and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the wine to the pot and deglaze, scraping up any brown bits on the bottom of the pot.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, peas and potatoes to the pot.
- Cover with beef broth or water + beef bouillon cubes.
- Bring to a boil and then lower the flame to a simmer.
- Cook until the meat is fork tender, about 1 hour to 1 hour 30 minutes.