Strascinati, Shrimp and Broccoli Rabe
Strascinati Pasta , Shrimp and Broccoli Rabe... a gift from the cuisine of Puglia.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Pasta:
- 1 pound Strascinati pasta
- 1 pound broccoli rabe
- 1 pound medium shrimp
- 4 fillets anchovies, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, sliced
- peperoncino, as desired
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt, as desired
Just arrived from Italy!
Nonna's Cheese Grater!
The Perfect Christmas Gift
for every Italian Home!
Get one in La Bottega!
- Clean and wash the broccoli rabe. Cut them in small pieces and set aside.
- In a saute pan, att 2 Tbps of EV olive oil, let it get hot and add the shrimp. Let them sear on both sides. Set aside.
- In the same pan, don not clean it, add 4 Tbsp of EV olive oil and the garlic. Let the garlic turn golden and add the anchovies. Add peperoncino as desired.
- Let the anchovies melt and add the broccoli rabe. Toss them for a few minutes, cover them and let them cook for 20 mins. at medium flame.
- Start cooking the Strascinate in salted water.
- Check on the broccoli rabe. If they get dry, add some pasta water.
- After the broccoli rabe have cooked for 20 mins. add the shrimp. Mix and cook for 3 more mins.
- Add the Strascinate and toss for 2 mins.
- Add a drizzle of EV olive oil and serve.
First Course Recipes, Fish Recipes, Italian Pasta Recipes, Puglia Recipes, Easy Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Cooking with Rossella, Broccoli Rabe Recipes, Shrimp Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Christmas Fish Recipes, Good Friday Recipes, Mediterranean Diet First Course Recipes, Seafood Pasta Recipes