Christmas Torciglione from Umbria.
- Beat the egg whites.
- Quickly mix the ground almonds with the sugar, the brandy, the egg whites and the flour to obtain a rather firm dough.
- Roll the dough by hand to form a stick about 1 1/2" thick.
- Shape one end in the form of a pointed snake tail and the other end in the form the head.
- Beat the egg yolk and brush it over the entire body of the snake.
- Place the whole almonds with the peel over the entire body to simulate scales.
- Place the two coffee beans on the head to simulate the eyes and an almond in the mouth to simulate the tongue.
- Place the entire dough on a flat baking sheet in a curled shape.
- Bake at 350F for 30 Mins.
I love almonds. And it looks good too. - Anna Engdahl