Zucchini Parmigiana... or Parmigiana di Zucchine, an absolutely must dish with fresh zucchini from your garden!
Also known as Zucchini Parmesan.
PS: This Video Recipe is now available on the Cooking with Nonna TV Channels available on: Roku TV, Apple TV, Amazon Fire and Android.
For 6 Person(s)
For the Parmigiana:
- 28 ounces crushed romatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small onion
- 2 leaves of fresh basil
- 7 zucchini
- 1/2 pound mozzarella
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano cheese
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
March 19th is
St. Joseph's Day!!!
Get your Complete
St. Joseph Box
- In a pan, add 2 Tbs of EV olive oil, the chopped onion and garlic.
- Let them saute for 2 mins. and add the crushed tomatoes. Add the fresh basil.
- Let the sauce simmer for about 10 mins. Set aside.
- Wash the zucchini, cut both ends off and slice them long-ways a little less than a 1/4 " thick.
- Fry the all the zucchini until the turn lightly golden.
- Preheat the oven at 375F.
- Take a baking pan or a clay pan, add a thin layer of tomato sauce and place two layers of zucchini slices with the second layer crossing the first.
- Add a thin layer of sauce followed by slices of mozzarella and a generous sprinkle of Parmigiano cheese.
- Repeat the process two more times.
- Bake for 30 mins.
The directions were super easy to follow. It took a while to make but it was definitely a labor of l...
See Full Review >> - EJaZy