Apple Cinnamon Ricotta Cake
Apple Cinnamon Ricotta Cake.. when delicious apples are in season, this is the cake you want to make!
For 8 Person(s)
For the Cake:
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk ricotta
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 orange, zest only
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups 00 flour or all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 Gala apples, 2 cut into a 1 inch chunks and one sliced thin
- confectioners sugar for dusting
March 19th is
St. Joseph's Day!!!
Get your Complete
St. Joseph Box
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 inch spring form pan with baking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the eggs, sugar, ricotta and vanilla and mix well with a spoon.
- Add in the oil, zest and cinnamon and mix to combine.
- Stir in the flour and baking powder little by little and mix until fully combined.
- Fold in the chunks of apples and pour into prepared pan.
- Arrange the sliced apples on top and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until the apples are golden.
The cake tasted good however it was too moist. It seemed that there may have been too much oil added...
See Full Review >> - EMS7
I made this delicious cake last week and everyone loved it!! - Marie D