Cantucci Baresi - Almond Biscotti
Cantucci Baresi or Almond Biscotti... great with coffee or tea or after dinner dipped in Vin Santo or any other sweet wine!
They are also great dipped in coffee or a cappuccino!
For 4 Dozen(s)
For the Cookies:
- 1 pound lightly toasted whole almonds
- 1 pound all purpose flour
- 1/2 pound sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 lemons, zest only
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg for the egg wash
- Cantucci available HERE
- Pre-heat the oven at 350F.
- Cut the almonds in half.
- In a large bowl mix 4 eggs and all the other ingredients.
- Roll the dough into 3 logs of about 1 1/2" thick and place them on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Beat the remaining egg into an egg wash and with a brush spread it over the logs.
- Bake at 350F for 30 mins.
- Remove from oven and cut the logs with a large sharp knife in slices of 1/2" wide.
- Put all the Cantucci back on the baking sheet and bake for 25 mins. and 300F.
Nonna Romana Sciddurlo, Dessert & Cookie Recipes, Puglia Recipes, Easy Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Easter Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Memorial Day Recipes, 4th July Recipes, Labor Day Recipes, Christmas Cookies Recipes, Easter Cakes and Cookies, Valentine's Cake and Cookie Recipes, Cookies Recipes, Vegetarian Dessert Recipes, Mediterranean Diet Dessert Recipes, Almond Cookie and Dessert Recipes
I made these using 1 pound of flour as called for in recipe,very sticky, because dud not have a scal...
See Full Review >> - Giglio
After combining all of the ingredients the dough was not soft enough. I have made biscotti before s...
See Full Review >> - aminervini
Check your recipes before you publish them, people use a lot of ingredients to make something that i...
See Full Review >> - Gianna0806
Did not make this recipe yet, but is there something missing? No oil or butter? - anna031700
Thnx for sharing - Saint of circumstance
Make sure to separate the pieces a bit before you put them back in the oven for round 2, makes them ...
See Full Review >> - alex1234
so so delicious-easy to make. I drizzled Baileys icing[ baileys & icing sugar mixed]and melted ...
See Full Review >> - Josy
Really nice crunchy biscuites. I just found that the dough was a bit too sticky. It it the way it ...
See Full Review >> - runkica