Nonna Stefanina’s Torrone
Nonna Stefanina’s Torrone.
For 1 Batch(es)
For the Torrone:
- 2 8x11 wafer sheets (See link below to purchase)
- 24 ounces whole hazelnuts (See link below to purchase)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 24 ounces white chocolate chips (2 bags)
- 20 ounces mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup limoncello liqueur
- Get the Wafer Sheets HERE!
- To skin the Hazelnuts:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Lay the hazelnuts on a baking sheet and toast for 8-12 minutes. Transfer the hazelnuts to a tea towel and rub them vigorously to remove the skins. Alternatively you can find toasted and peeled hazelnuts here: AZNUT Roasted Unsalted Hazelnuts
- To make the Torrone:
- Line a baking sheet with plastic wrap and lay one of the wafer sheets on top. Set aside.
- Put a large nonstick pan over a low flame and melt the butter.
- Add in the white chocolate chips and cook over a low flame until they are completely melted. Stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon or heat safe spatula.
- Stir in the marshmallows and coat them in the white chocolate. Pour in the limoncello and continue cooking until all the marshmallows are fully melted and the mixture is totally smooth, about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in the hazelnuts and continue cooking for about 5 minutes.
- Carefully turn the mixture out onto the water sheet on top of the lined pan. Use the plastic wrap to help you keep the torrone from spilling over.
- Smooth the mixture out with a spatula into an even layer. Cover with the second wafer sheet and wrap the torrone tightly with the plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate until firm. Cut into diamond shaped pieces and enjoy!