Nonna’s Old Fashioned Dunking Cookies
Nonna’s Old Fashioned Dunking Cookies.
For 2 Dozen(s)
For the Cookies:
- 2 1/3 cups plus 2 tablespoons 00 or all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon almond or vanilla extract or 3 packets Vanillina powder
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, plus more for rolling the cookies
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- zest of lemon or orange (optional)
- pinch of salt
- confectioners sugar for dusting
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 Baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl combine the eggs, extract, sugar, milk, oil and zest. Mix with a fork until smooth.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix with your hands until a dough that doesn’t stick to your hands forms. If the dough feels sticky, add 1 tablespoon of flour at a time until the desired consistency is reached.
- Working with a tablespoon of dough at a time, roll the dough into a ball and then roll it into a log about 1 1/2 inches thick.
- Roll the logs in granulated sugar and place the cookies 2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Using the palm of your hands, gently press down and flatten each cookie into an oval shape.
- Dust each cookie generously with confectioners sugar and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the bottoms of the cookies just begin to brown.