Baked Baccala and Potatoes
Baked Baccala` and Potatoes Molese style.
For 6 Person(s)
- 2 pounds baccala`
- 1 pound potatoes
- 1/2 pound fresh tomatoes
- 1/4 pound Gaeta olives
- 6 scallions
- pecorino cheese
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
The Cornicelli from Capri are in
Get your lucky one HERE!
- Soak the Baccala` for 12 hours in fresh water to remove the saltiness. Depending on the thickness of the baccala` you may have to soak it longer. Change the water every 3 hours.
- In a deep oven pan, coated with olive oil, add the scallions cut to pieces, some potatoes cut in small cubes and a few pieces of tomatoes.
- Add a layer of potatoes cut in wedges. Over the potatoes spread some scallions, tomatoes, olives and some grated cheese.
- Spread the Baccala` over the potatoes. Add some more pieces of scallions, tomatoes and olives.
Fill the oven pan with water till 1/2 inch to the border of the pan.
- Place the oven pan on the stove and cook the entire content for 30 min. at medium flame. Then place in the oven and cook for an additional 30 min. at 400F.
Nonna Romana Sciddurlo, Entree Recipes, Fish Recipes, Puglia Recipes, Easy Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Baccala Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Potato Recipes, Christmas Fish Recipes, Good Friday Recipes, Diabetic Entree Recipes, Heart Friendly Entree Recipes, Gluten Free Entree Recipes, Mediterranean Diet Entree Recipes
I\'m in Las Vegas, any suggestions where to find baccala here? - firstname.lastname@example.org
a real hit the first time around. My family loved it. - nancy7
I have used Cod fish that is frozen to make this dish and it came out just fine. - Sweetitalian
It looks exactly like my grandmother's Baccala! - Delia the Crone
YOU DO NOT POST THE DIRECTIONS !!! - JNODO
I also make baccala\' and potatoes over the stove. No water added. - Elisa DiVirgilio