Baccala` Salad: a very simple salad for your Christmas Eve dinner as well as on Good Friday. So easy and so good!
For 2 Person(s)
For the Salad:
- 1 pound dry baccala`
- 1/2 cup Gaeta or Kalamata olives
- 4 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 head of fennel
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Before you can cook dried Baccala` you need to remove the saltiness from it. The process to remove the saltiness is to put it in fresh cold water for 12-24 hours, depending on its thickness. Change the water several times during the process.
- Boil a pot of water and once the water boils drop the Baccala` in it.
- Let it boil for about 5 minutes. A bit longer if the pieces are thick.
- Remove the Baccala` from the pan and rinse it under cold water.
- With your hands break the Baccala in lumps and put in a bowl.
- Add the olives, chopped celery, the fennel sliced thin and the parsley. Mix well.
- Add the red onion sliced very fine and the chopped garlic.
- Add salt & pepper s desired.
- Add 1/2 cup of EV olive oil and the juice of 1 large lemon.
- Toss well, cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
I don't know why there are 3 stars, especially when they are putting their own recipes in the review...
See Full Review >> - Massarone
Making this today for meatless Friday.My Aunt midge made this every Christmas Eve.loved it! - Stefanc
I\'ve been wanting a simple Baccala recipe. I will try this. Sounds delicious. Thanks:) - AllyD
My family LOVED this last Christmas so much so I am making it again this year!! This salad along wit...
See Full Review >> - fitfreak3
This recipe sounds and looks good. I guess that mine is much simpler. I just do the Baccala and just...
See Full Review >> - spend1us
Extremely easy and good tasting Thank you - bcalabro1