Broccoli Parmigiano Soup With Tortellini
Broccoli Parmigiano Soup With Tortellini.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Pasta:
- 3 heads of broccoli, stems peeled, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 10 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 10 cups water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 pound frozen cheese tortellini
- 8 ounces grated Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese
- Put a large stock pot over a medium flame and heat the oil. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant and golden, about 30-40 seconds.
- Add the broccoli to the pot and toss in the oil. When the broccoli turns bright green, add in the water and boullion cubes.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Using a potato masher or an immersion blender, mash roughly half the broccoli, but make sure to leave some texture.
- Return the pot to a boil and add the tortellini. Cook according to package instructions.
- Stir in the grated Parmigiano cheese until melted.
- Serve in warm bowls with an extra sprinkle of cheese.