Chicken and Mushrooms Risotto
Chicken and Mushrooms Risotto: One word describes my risotto.....Mwahhhh!
For 4 Person(s)
For the Risotto:
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1/4 cup verjuice
- 2/3 pound chicken breasts, boneless, cut into 1/2" pieces
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion diced
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
- 2 1/2 cups button mushroom sliced ( I like Portobello mushrooms)
- 1/3 cup grated parmigiano cheese
- 1/4 cup fine chopped parsley
Try La Pasta della Nonna in
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- Heat 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in a sauce pan over high heat, add the arborio rice and cook for 2-3 minutes sitrring continuously
- Add the verjuice and continue to stir until liquid is absorbed. Stir in stock 1/2 cup at a time, stirring until liquid has been absorbed and the rice is al dente. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, heat butter and remaining extra virgin olive oil in a medium frying pan over high heat,. Add garlic, onion, chili flakes and saute` until onion is translucent.
- Add chicken and pan fry for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 4 - 5 minutes stirring occasionally until mushrooms are soft.
- Transfer chicken mixture and parmigiano cheese to the rice and mix well to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with parsley.