Chocolate Almond Crinkle Cookies
Chocolate Almond Crinkle Cookies.
For 2 Dozen(s)
For the Cookies:
- 8 ounces almond paste
- 2 tablespoons amaretto liqueur (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons espresso powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large egg whites, room temperature
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- confectioners sugar for rolling
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper and spray with baking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl grate the almond paste with a large cheese grater. Add the amaretto, vanilla, cocoa, espresso, cornstarch and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl beat the egg whites together with an electric mixer on high speed. Add in the brown sugar little by little until the egg whites are glossy and soft peaks form.
- Add the beaten egg whites to the almond paste mixture. Beat with an electric mixer for 1-2 minutes until a smooth dough comes together. The dough will be very sticky.
- Place the confectioners sugar in a shallow bowl. Either using a small ice cream scoop or two spoons drop mounds of dough into the confectioners sugar and roll into balls. Place them about 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes.