Delicious, not-too-sweet. Great any time of day!
- Heat oven to 350, spread nuts on baking pan, roast for 7 mins, set aside
- Reduce oven to 325. Brush tart pan with melted butter (if using metal pan=Ii prefer mini tarts using paper baking cups)
- In large bowl, whisk together melted butter, sugar, eggs, almond extract and flour, batter will be thick. Add cranberries and nuts
- Fill mold with 1/2 cup batter for small tarts (use all for large tart)
- Sprinkle top with additional nuts and sugar if desired
- Bake until golden and slightly crusty on top, 30-40 mins. Toothpick inserted in center should come out clean.
- Other fruits may be substituted or added. I used pecans, other nuts may be used.