Farfalle with Peas and Sausage
Farfalle with Peas and Sausage: Like most Italians I'm a huge fan of pasta e piselli! I thought I would make a delicious variation with a hearty tomato sauce and some sweet sausage. Enjoy
For 4 Person(s)
For the Pasta:
- 1 pound Farfalle or Bow Tie pasta
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound sweet sausage (removed from the casing)
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 medium onion
- 16 ounces frozen peas (thawed)
- 1 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add the oil to a large sauté pan and sauté the onion for about 4-5 minutes until soft over a medium flame.
- Add the sausage and brown for about 3-4 minutes. Break up the pieces with a wooden spoon.
- Add the wine and reduce for about 2-3 minutes or until you no longer smell alcohol.
- Add the tomatoes, peas, salt, pepper and simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- Cook the pasta until very al dente and add it to the sauce. Toss together for 1-2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add the cheese. Toss together allowing the residual heat of the pan melt the cheese.
- Serve in warm bowls with extra grated cheese on top!