Homemade Ravioli... another Italian recipe that has conquered the world.
PS: This Video Recipe is also available on the Cooking with Nonna TV Channels available on: Roku TV, Apple TV, Amazon Fire and Android.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Filling:
- 1/4 pound ground beef
- 1/4 pound ground veal
- 1/4 pound Italian sausage
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano cheese
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- salt & pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
For the Dough:
- 1 pound all purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
March 19th is
St. Joseph's Day!!!
Get your Complete
St. Joseph Box
- Filling Preparation:
- Add some EV olive oil to a saute` pan.
- Break the three type of meats and saute` it in the oil till it browns completely. Add two ladles of hot water to keep it moist. Cook for about 10 mins.
- Let it cool off and add two eggs and mix well. Add the cheese and bread crumbs and mix well.
- Set aside for later.
- Of course with the filling you can be as creative as you like. Ravioli can be filled just about with anything: ricotta, mushrooms, lobster, etc.
- Dough Prepatation:
- In a KitchenAid stand mixer, put one Lb of flour, 4 eggs and 2 Tbs of EV olive oil.
- Start to mix and slowly add warm water until you have dough that is mixed well and firm.
- Sprinkle some flour on a wooden board. Remove the dough from the stand mixer and put it on the board.
- Knead the dough for a few minutes to give it a more uniform consistency.
- Make the Ravioli:
- Attach the pasta roller to the stand mixer and set to #1 setting.
- Cut a small piece of dough and run it a few times through the roller to remove air bubbles.
- Set the pasta roller to #4 and pass the sheet of dough again through the roller.
- Now you are ready to start filling and creating the Ravioli.
- Put the thin sheet of dough on the wooden board and put 1 Tsp of filling on the dough about 1" apart.
- Fold the dough over the filling and cut around it with a ravioli cutter or a form that you may have.
- Put any excess dough with the rest of the dough and continue the process until you have no more dough.
- The finished Ravioli can be cooked in broth or can be served with Ragu sauce or any other sauce that you prefer.