Italian Knot Cookies
These adorable little love knots are iced with the amazing taste of anise. A festive addition to any Easter dessert table or any other holiday.
For 4 Dozen(s)
For the Cookies
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup warm water
For the Icing:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon anise extract
- pinch of salt
- In a mixer, add melted butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Mix the flour with the baking powder and salt.
- Change to dough hooks and add flour mixture.
- Add the warm water and mix until it forms a smooth dough.
- Make 11/2 inch balls with dough.
- Roll balls out to about 4 inch worms.
- Bring one end over the other, then underneath and through the middle, like a knot.
- Place on baking sheet, four rows of four. (16 cookies on each sheet).
- Bake in 350F oven for 13 - 15 minutes.
- Let cool before icing.
- To Ice: Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add a little water until desired consistency.
- Dip cookie upside down into icing, then turn over onto waxpaper.
- Sprinkle with candy sprinkles.
My cookies burnt on the bottom after 6 minutes. I dont know why this happened Did any one lower thei...
See Full Review >> - email@example.com
I made these today. They got so big in the oven! There must be way too much baking powder in them....
See Full Review >> - Nancy Albrizio
The cookies were very good. I thought there was a little too much baking powder, which left a little...
See Full Review >> - diatrasal
How many cookies will thus recipe Make? - Mbeeeetz
My daughter and I chose to make these for Easter because the recipe called for basic ingredients. T...
See Full Review >> - veronicasmom
Rosella, I noticed the last line is missing under ICING. It should read, Add a little water until...
See Full Review >> - Mary-Lou