Chocolate Covered Roccoco
Chocolate Covered Roccoco... for your sweet Christmas.
For 1 Batch(es)
For the Roccoco:
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cups whole almonds, toasted
- 1 cup dried fruit (figs, raisins, apricots)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoons All Spice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- pinch of salt
For the Chocolate Cover:
- 1 1/2 pounds bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Get your Roccoco` HERE
- Grind the toasted almonds in a food processor. Add the dried fruit and reduce to a paste.
- Blend into the same food processor the flour, sugar, honey, All Spice, Baking Powder, vanilla, orange and lemon extracts, salt and water in a stand mixer on low speed until dough forms but is well mixed. Dough will be hard.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and separate into 12 pieces. Roll each piece into a rope and form a bagel-shaped cookie. Repeat with each piece.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and place all the cookies on it, evenly separated.
- Cook in a 350F oven for 18 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Prepare your chocolate dip by either melting the chocolate and shortening in a microwave on 50% power or using a double boiler.
- Dip each cookie in melted chocolate until evenly coated. Gently place on wire rack until chocolate solidifies.
- These cookies stay fresh for a long time when stored covered in cool, dry area.
NOTE: These cookies can be made round or diamond shaped.
This cookie is so much better than I thought it would be! I wasn’t sure from watching the video ho...
See Full Review >> - BellaBasilicata