Lentil Soup with Mushrooms
Lentil Soup with Mushrooms.
For 6 Person(s)
For the Soup:
- 1 ounce dry porcini mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 2 small carrots, cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 1 celery stalk, cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons porcini water
- 8 ounces portobello mushrooms, sliced
- salt as desired
- 12 cups water
- 1 pound brown lentils
- 2 porcini mushroom or chicken bouillon cubes
- 5 ounces fresh baby spinach
The Nonna Knives are Back!
You can't cook without them!
- Add the dried porcini Mushrooms to a bowl and cover with 1 Cup warm water. Soak for 15 minutes. Remove the mushrooms from the soaking water and pour the water through a cheesecloth or fine mesh strainer to filter it. Reserve water.
- Put a large stock pot over a medium flame and heat the oil. Add the carrots, onions, celery and rosemary. Cook until the vegetables are soft and the onions are translucent, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add in the porcini mushrooms and 2 tablespoons of the reserved soaking water. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Add in the the portobello mushrooms and salt as desired. Cook for 4-6 minutes or until the mushrooms have slightly browned.
- Add the water and bring the pot to a boil. Add in the lentils and bouillon cubes and cook until the lentils are tender, about 20-30 minutes. Add the Spinach to the pot and cook until wilted. Serve with crusty Italian bread or Taralli.
Please Follow me on Instagram!