Lucy's Capocollo Bread
Bread is a staple in any Italian home. But Capocollo Bread is... a real Special Treat!
If you like you can substitute Capocollo with Prosciutto, Parmacotto (Cooked Ham), Sausage, Sopressata, Mortadella or any other meat that you prefer!
For 1 Batch(es)
For the Bread:
- 1 pound all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoons dry yeast
- 1 egg yolk
- milk, as much as needed
For the Filling:
- 1 1/2 pound capocollo, diced
- 1/2 pound provolone, diced
- 1/2 pound mozzarella, sliced
- Melt the yeast in 1 Oz milk.
- Mix all the ingredients for the dough by adding as much milk as needed to make the dough elastic and soft.
- Flatten the dough in a thin layer and elongated. The dough should be about 8 inches high and stretched sideways as much as possible.
- Spread the ingredients of the filling over the entire surface of the dough.
- Roll the dough longways to form one loaf.
- With a sharp knife, cut the loaf every 2 inches and put each piece in a baking pan with the cut side facing up.
- Let all the cut bread pieces rise for about 1 1/2 hours by putting it in a warm part of the house.
- Brush the bread surfaces with milk and bake at 425F for about 30 mins.
Appetizer Recipes, Bread and Focaccia Recipes, Sicilian Recipes, Easy Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Super Bowl Recipes, Bread Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Memorial Day Recipes, 4th July Recipes, Labor Day Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Summer Appetizer-Side Recipes, Thanksgiving Appetizers and Sides Recipes, Christmas Appetizer Recipes, Easter Appetizer and Side Recipes
I agree with the above, this recipe was exactly what I was looking for but incredibly confusing. Wha...
See Full Review >> - DiaG
TimberRosie, the mixing can be done either by hand or with a stand mixer. It works either way. In ...
See Full Review >> - rossella rago
I love the recipes on this site, however I think it would be helpful for you to check your recipes b...
See Full Review >> - TimberRosie