Mafaldine with Chickpeas and Prosciutto
Mafaldine with Chickpeas and Prosciutto.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Pasta:
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 4 ounces prosciutto, cubed
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 16 ounces chickpleas from a can, drained and rinsed
- salt and black pepper, as desired
- 1 pound dried mafaldine pasta
- Put a large sauté pan over a medium flame and heat the oil. Add the rosemary and prosciutto and sauté until crisp, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the onion to the pan and cook until slightly softened, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and cook until they break down and release some juice, about 5 minutes.
- Finally add in the chickpeas and toss for 2 minutes. Taste for seasoning and add salt and black pepper as desired.
- Drop the pasta into a large pot of generously salted boiling water. Scoop out 1/2 cup of pasta water and set aside. Cook the pasta until al dente and drain.
- Toss the pasta in the sauté pan with the sauce over medium heat for 2 minutes, adding the reserved pasta water if necessary.