Nonna Dena’s Pumpkin Biscotti
Nonna Dena’s Pumpkin Biscotti.
For 3 Dozen(s)
For the Biscotti:
- 5 cups all purpose flour
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 5 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 cup canned pumpkin, NOT pumpkin pie filling
For the Glaze:
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons water or whole milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook attachment combine the eggs and brown sugar. Mix on medium speed until well mixed. Add in the butter and pumpkin and mix until combined.
- Add in the dry ingredients a little at a time and mix until they are all absorbed and a sticky dough forms.
- Using wet hands form 6 small loaves on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake until the loaves have slightly browned, about 30 minutes.
- Using a sharp serrated edge knife slice the loaves diagonally into slices about 1 inch thick.
- Position the cookies back on the baking sheet and toast for another 15-20 minutes, flipping the biscotti halfway through. Cool the biscotti completely before glazing.
- To make the glaze:
In a small bowl whisk together the confectioners sugar and milk or water until smooth. Drizzle over the biscotti.