Nonna Dorotea’s Banana Bread
Nonna Dorotea’s Banana Bread.
For 8 Person(s)
For the Banana Bread:
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a loaf pan, set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In another a small mixing bowl combine the bananas and lemon juice. Mash with a fork until smooth. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment beat together the butter and sugar on high speed until fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the eggs one at a time. Add in the bananas and mix until fully incorporated. Lower the speed to low and add in the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Fold in the walnuts and pour into the prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.