Nonna Eugenia’s Sicilian Frittedda
Nonna Eugenia’s Sicilian Frittedda.
- Put a large skillet with a lid over a high flame and heat the oil. Add the scallions and frozen fava beans. cook until the scallions begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add the artichokes and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Add the salt to the pan and stir. Cook for an additional 5 minutes until the artichokes begin to release some water.
- Add the peas and pepper to the pan and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add the water to the pan. Cover and cook until the fava Beans are tender and most of the water has absorbed, about 20-30 minutes.
- Remove to a bowl and drizzle with some good quality extra virgin olive oil.
- The Frittedda can be served warm as a side dish or room temperature or cold as a salad.