Nonna Romana’s Caffe` Latte Cookies
Nonna Romana’s Caffe` Latte Cookies.
A very simple cookie to dung in your caffe` latte or cappuccino.
For 2 Dozen(s)
For the Cookies:
- 1 cup 2 tablespoons 00 or all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, divided (1 for the dough, 1 for the egg wash)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 packets Vanillina or 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (Vanillina available in La Bottega - see link below)vailable in La Bottega
- Get all the Products/Ingredients featured in this recipe HERE!
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF (190ºC). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl combine the egg and the sugar on medium speed until lemon colored and foamy, about 5 minutes. Add the olive oil and lemon zest and mix until fully incorporated. Add the flour and vanillina and mix until fully absorbed.
- Lightly flour your work surface. Take a piece of dough and roll it into a 1 1/2 inch thick rope. Using the side of a fork, cut pieces 4-5 inches long on a diagonal.
- Dip the fork in flour and gently press down on the tops of the cookies creating lines.
- Place the cookies on the prepared baking sheet and beat the remaining 1 egg in a bowl. Brush each cookie with the egg wash and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown on top. Cool on a wire rack.