Caponata - a Sicilian dish famous around the world! Great at any time of the year.
For 6 Person(s)
For the Caponata:
- 1 eggplant
- 1 pound green peppers
- 1 pound red peppers
- 4 stalks of celery
- 1/2 pound carrots
- 1/2 pound hot green olives
- 1/2 pound pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1 large onion
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 8 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- salt & pepper
Use the code Pasta10
and Save 10% on all Pasta and
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- Cut the carrots and celery in small pieces and boil in salted water.
- In a saute` pan add 3 Tbs of olive oil and saute` the onion cut in thin slices.
- Cut the red and green peppers in small pieces and add to the onions. Saute` until they are soft (about 15 mins.) Salt and pepper to taste.
- Crush the capers and the olives and add to the peppers. Add the tomato paste. Saute` for an additional 5 mins.
- In another saute` pan put 1/2 cup of olive oil and saute` the eggplant cut into small cubes. Do not remove the peel from the eggplant. Saute` until eggplant is soft (about 10 mins.)
- Pour all the sauteed vegetables into a large bowl and add the vinegar and sugar.
- Mix well and serve either hot or cold.
Nonna Rosalia Caravella, Appetizer Recipes, Side Dish Recipes, Sicilian Recipes, Easy Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Easter Recipes, Super Bowl Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Memorial Day Recipes, 4th July Recipes, Eggplant Recipes, Labor Day Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Summer Appetizer-Side Recipes, Diabetic Appetizer Recipes, Heart Friendly Appetizers Recipes, Gluten Free Appetizer Recipes, Vegetarian Appetizer Recipes, Vegan Entree Recipes, Mediterranean Diet Appetizer Recipes, Thanksgiving Appetizers and Sides Recipes, Christmas Appetizer Recipes, New Year's Eve Recipes, Easter Appetizer and Side Recipes
excellent! - NonnaLinda
My family did not make this as far as I remember, but boy do I love it and so do my kids and everyon...
See Full Review >> - Nonna Marie