Paccheri with Zucchini Flowers and Tomatoes
Paccheri with Zucchini Flowers and Tomatoes.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Pasta:
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 10oz packages cherry tomatoes- try to use a variety of colors if you can find them. I used yellow ones!
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 leaves fresh basil, torn
- 25 fresh zucchini flowers, washed, stems trimmed and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 pound Paccheri pasta
- Put a large sauté pan over a medium flame and heat the oil. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add in the tomatoes and cook until the skin is just beginning to blister, about 3 minutes.
- Drop the pasta into a large pot of generously salted boiling water.
- Add the zucchini flowers to the pan and cook until they begin to wilt. About 4-5 minutes.
- Drain the pasta but reserve about 1/2 cup of the pasta water (it will be VERY al dente) and add it to the pan along with about half of the pasta water. Turn the heat up to high and cook for 1-2 minutes. If the pan looks dry, add the remaining pasta water.
- Serve immediately in warm bowls.