Panettone Layer Cake with Mascarpone Cream Cheese Frosting
Panettone Layer Cake with Mascarpone Cream Cheese Frosting.
For 1 Batch(es)
For the Frosting:
- 8 ounces full fat cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces Mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 2 packets Vanillina powder, or 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- fresh raspberries and rosemary for decorating
For the Cake:
- One Panettone
- 1 1/4 sweet Marsala wine
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- confectioners sugar for dusting
- Get the Products/Ingredients needed in this Recipe HERE!
- To make the frosting:
- In a mixing bowl combine the cream cheese, mascarpone, confectioners sugar and Vanillina. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Add in one cup of the cream and keep beating until smooth.
- In another bowl, beat the remaining cup of heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese and mascarpone mixture. Set aside.
- To assemble:
- Using a serrated bread knife, slice the dome off of the panettone. Set aside for dipping in your morning coffee!
- Slice the stump of the panettone into 3 even layers. Set aside the bottom layer of the panettone, this will become the top of your cake.
- Lay one of the remaining layers down on your cake stand or serving plate. Brush the layer with 1/3 of the Marsala and cover with about 1/3 of the frosting. Repeat for the second layer.
- Brush the cut side of the remaining layer with Marsala and flip it over so that the smooth side is up.
- Frost the cake with the remaining frosting. Stick the sliced almonds all over the cake.
- Add the fresh raspberries and rosemary for garnish if using. Dust with confectioners sugar.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2-3 hours or overnight.