Sicilian Ricotta Cheesecake
Traditional Sicilian cheesecake with grated orange zest.
For 10 Person(s)
For the Cheesecake:
- 32 ounces ricotta cheese, drained
- 2 1/2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 18 graham crackers (2 packets from a 14 oz box)
- 4 ounces butter
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Generously grease and flour a springform pan.
- For graham cracker crust, crush graham crackers in food processor until consistency of bread crumbs; stir with melted butter until mixture holds shape when squeezed. If needed, add a little more melted butter.
- Firmly press graham cracker crust into bottom and along bottom sides of spring form pan; set aside.
- Sift together flour and sugar in small mixing bowl.
- In medium bowl, stir together ricotta cheese and orange zest. Slowly fold in flour mixture with spatula until well blended and smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time, continuing to blend with spatula. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour batter into spring form pan and gently smooth top with spatula.
- Bake for 80-90 minutes, until cake is firm all the way to top center. Cool completely and refrigerate for 2-3 hours to set.
- Once set, run a warm knife around the edge of the springform pan and gently release.
- Top with powdered sugar, chocolate chips, fruit or the topping of your choice.
Baking time is an estimate. Check your cake often and remove when the top center is firm.