Pasta with Beans and Chickpeas - Pasta con Fagioli e Ceci
Pasta with Beans and Chickpeas - Pasta con Fagioli e Ceci.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Pasta:
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 small carrots, cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 1 small onion, cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 2 celery stalks, cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 cups Passata or tomato purée
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 19oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 19oz can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 5 cups water
- 8 ounces Pasta Mista, or any small cut of pasta you like (See link Below)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- extra salt and pepper as desired
- extra virgin olive oil
- grated cheese as desired
Try La Pasta della Nonna in
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- Get the Pasta Mista HERE!
- Put a stock pot over a medium flame and heat the oil.
- Add in the carrots, onions and celery and sauté until soft, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add in the garlic and cook for one minute.
- Add the tomatoes to the pot along with the salt. Cook for 3 minutes and add the chickpeas and beans.
- Add the water to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Drop the pasta into a separate pot of generously salted boiling water. Cook the pasta for half the time of the package instructions.
- Drain and transfer to the stock pot with the beans. Cook until the pasta is al dente.
- Serve in warm bowls with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and an extra sprinkle of grated cheese.