Pasta with Peas - Pasta e Piselli
Pasta and Peas - Piselli... it could not be any simpler... yet so good!
For 4 Person(s)
For the Pasta:
- 1 large onion, cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 10oz bag frozen peas
- 1 fresh parsley
- 1 pound dried baby shell pasta or ditalini
- grated pecorino Romano cheese
- Put a saucepan over a medium flame and bring 2 Qts of water to a boil.
- Add the onion, salt and oil to the pan. Cook until the onion is very soft, about 30 mins.
- Add the peas and continue to boil for about 15-20 minutes. Add fresh parsley if using as desired.
- Drop the pasta into salted boiling water and cook for about half the time of the package instructions. Drain and add it to the peas.
- Mix well and serve with a sprinkle of grated pecorino Romano cheese.
I loved this, brought me back. Don't forget to generously season it to bring out that great flavor! - mgemail
I've made this using Trader Joe's Porcini Mushroom & Truffle Triangoli pasta!! It iss wonderful ...
See Full Review >> - jckc
3 pots,mostly for nostalgia. When I was a kid we used to call it "pasta fa peas". - Anna Engdahl