Penne with Sausage and Mushrooms
Penne with Sausage and Mushrooms... you will love this simple and easy to make pasta dish.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Pasta:
- 1 pound Penne pasta
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage
- 10 ounces baby Portobello mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (enough to cover the bottom of the pan)
Get into the Christmas Spirit!
La Dolce Vita Coffee
Pots and Cups are now in Stock!
Get both HERE!!!
- Cook pasta in slated boiling water until al dente
- With a fork, poke holes through the sausage casing all over the link or links.
- Brown the sausage in the olive oil evenly on all sides. About 10-12 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate and slice the sausage into round slices. Set aside.
- Cook the garlic and rosemary in the rendered fat until the garlic starts to brown.
- Add in the wine and reduce. Add in the mushrooms and the sausage back into the pan and cook for another 5-7 minutes. (Make sure there are no pink spots in your sausage slices before you add in the pasta)
- Add about a half cup of pasta water if the pan is dry.
- Add the pasta to the pan and toss together for 1 minute. Turn off the heat and add the cheese. Toss together and remove the rosemary sprig before serving.