Penne with Zucchini
Welcome Summer with this Zucchine dish!
For 4 Person(s)
For the Pasta:
- 1 pound Pennette pasta
- 5 medium zucchini
- 5 cloves garlic sliced
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- hot pepper
- frying oil
- Wash the zucchine and slice them in round slices of 1/8" thick.
- Fry them in oil until they are golden brown (*) and set them aside in a warm place.
- Boil the penne and white they are boiling in a saute` pan make your oil hot.
- Once the oil is hot, add the garlic and let it turn golden brown. Add 1/2 cup of pasta water, stir and add the pasta. Add the fresh parsley. Toss for 1 minute and serve.
- Garnish the plate with a generous amount of the zucchine slices, mix and serve.
- Sprinkle hot pepper as desired.
(*) - Frying zucchine takes quite a bit of time... be patient... it is worth it! :)
I make this often but add fresh basil at the end. - jackiezaza
I have had this dish. My Mom used to make this. I used to add grated cheese and a dollop of ricotta ...
See Full Review >> - franrl